Product reviews on Amazon can have a major impact on the buying decisions of potential customers. A product with a high number of product reviews can lead potential buyers to purchase with confidence while a handful of negative reviews could leave that same buyer searching for another option. Understanding how to edit Amazon reviews is important for both buyers and sellers on Amazon.
Editing Amazon Reviews as a Buyer
There are a number of reasons why you might be searching “how can I edit my Amazon reviews?” as an Amazon customer. You might want to change a positive review to a neutral or negative review if something went wrong with your product shortly after you left a review on it. On the other hand, you might want to change a negative or neutral review to a positive one if a seller went above and beyond with great customer service to fix your issue.
Editing or deleting your review is easy from both your computer or your mobile app:
Editing or deleting my Amazon review on the computer
1. Once you are on Amazon’s main page, click on “Accounts & Lists” in the top right corner of the page.
2. Under the “Ordering and shopping preferences” list, select “Your Amazon profile”.
3. On this page, you will see all of your reviews listed under “Community Activity”.
4. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of any of your reviews. This will prompt you to “Edit Review” or “Delete Review”. Make your selection, and your review will be deleted or you will be brought to the review page where you can make whatever edits you would like.
Editing or deleting my Amazon review on a mobile device
1. Open the Amazon app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen to open a menu and select “Your Account” from this menu.
3. Select “Profile” from the “Personalized Content” section.
4. Navigate this page until you find the “Community Activity” section, which has all of your reviews listed underneath it. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the review you want to edit or delete, and you will be prompted to do so.
Editing Amazon Reviews as a Seller
Amazon goes to great lengths to protect the integrity of its product reviews. This means that as long as a review doesn’t violate any of Amazon’s community guidelines, it is unlikely that the site will agree to remove it. Amazon also protects each customer’s right to leave honest and fair reviews and does not allow sellers to ask buyers to remove negative reviews.
These rules may leave you feeling powerless as an Amazon seller, but there are steps that you can take to mitigate the effects of negative reviews read more on all things Amazon FBA at Zonbase blog.